|An Immersive Showcase of Content and Solutions to Modernize Play and Drive Customers' Growth
LONDON, Sept. 6, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- International Game Technology PLC ("IGT") (NYSE:IGT) will unveil a newly reimagined portfolio of products and services at NASPL 2017, Sept. 13-16 at the Oregon Convention Center in Portland, presenting an immersive showcase of the many ways the Company is modernizing play to support lotteries on their growth path. Visitors to IGT's booth at NASPL will explore a walk-through showcase of games, products, and solutions centered on innovations to modernize play, including:
- Aurora™ solution, IGT's new core system, providing the omnichannel capability and interoperability to transform, manage, and grow lottery businesses.
- New mobile and integrated TouchPoints to engage players.
- BizApps to help lotteries manage everyday activities that drive sales and profit growth.
- A new category of hybrid lottery games and fresh Content to attract the next generation of players, featuring IGT's newest exclusive licensed property, The Voice, now the #1 talent competition on television, with more than 500 million viewers worldwide.
- People with the knowledge and experience to support lottery customers in optimizing every aspect of their value chain.
"At NASPL 2017, the Modernizing Play theme expresses our vision for helping customers achieve growth in every part of their lottery business," said Michael Chambrello, CEO North America Lottery. "Our industry is poised for advances on many fronts, from the retail operating model to the player experience to the form and content of the games. We've been listening to our customers, and our newly reimagined portfolio communicates how we can help them take advantage of the many opportunities for growth."
Among the products and services IGT will feature at NASPL:
- IGT will host an interactive display and special guest appearances to celebrate its newest licensed property, The Voice. With exclusive rights to develop and distribute The Voice lottery games globally, IGT will develop comprehensive marketing programs to support The Voice lottery games, including a second chance promotion, an entertaining, interactive social media component, and travel packages to Las Vegas and Los Angeles.
- IGT will launch NOW & LATER™ lottery tickets: a brand new category of lottery play. Through IGT's proprietary game-development process, FutureGame, IGT is engineering the next generation of lottery experiences with a global, player-focused, data-driven perspective that involves stakeholders from across the business. The first of the NOW & LATER lottery games is launching at NASPL, with more following in 2018. NOW & LATER products are draw games with a scratch component, a hybrid that offers both new and existing players the best of both worlds – the instant thrill of a scratch-off ticket and the anticipation and extended experience of a lottery drawing.
- IGT will introduce a new mobile, integrated lottery experience for players. To bring the convenience of mobile into play at the industry level, IGT has pioneered the PlaySpot™ mobile solution to create one integrated lottery experience. Using the PlaySpot app, players have the potential to purchase retail lottery tickets, play live keno and Instant Win games, and also check and collect winnings in a licensed retail location on any mobile device while connected via Bluetooth to a lottery network. Under pilot-testing in Rhode Island since December of 2016, the PlaySpot solution offers a new way to reach players who are mobile-focused, particularly a younger consumer demographic.
- IGT is introducing a full range of services through its Retail Sales & Execution Team, focusing not only on products and technology, but on accelerating growth through the spectrum of retail and consumer activities. The Retail Sales & Execution Team works with lottery customers to improve sales operations, maximize revenue through retail relationships, and enhance retail and product execution. As trusted partners, the team draws on the experience of the more than 2,000 IGT people who work as lottery operators and who serve more than 137,000 retailers.
- IGT will feature Aurora's new administration portal, Navigator, which provides a central view to manage and administer all lottery business-management applications. It features a redesigned user interface that is browser- and device-agnostic, customizable to the role of the user. The Navigator portal is also extendable to solutions other than the Aurora solution.
- IGT will showcase business applications that harness the power of data to drive lottery growth. IGT's BizApps are a synchronized suite of complementary products that leverage consistent insights and analytics across all lottery stakeholders to drive sales. These powerful tools deliver proven, actionable content developed based on IGT's unrivaled experience managing lotteries, retailer networks, and lottery sales forces in multiple jurisdictions around the world.
The NASPL 2017 program will feature a number of IGT executives:
- Marzia Mastrogiacomo, Senior Vice President, Lotteries, Lottomatica S.p.A., joins a distinguished group of world lottery industry leaders as one of five new inductees into the PGRI Lottery Industry Hall of Fame for 2017. The induction ceremony will be held at 4:30 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 15, at the Oregon Convention Center, Ballroom 202-204. "I'm honored to be recognized with membership in the Lottery Industry Hall of Fame, and I congratulate my fellow inductees for their dedication to moving our industry forward with integrity and excellence," said Mastrogiacomo. "I share this award with my colleagues and team members, with whom the Italian lottery's success has been built. I am also especially proud that Lottomatica and IGT contribute to the support of so many diverse projects that make a positive impact, including the recent restoration of Michelangelo's world-famous statue of Moses in Rome and the innovative collaborations with public institutions that add educational and cultural value to our communities, families, and new generations."
- Jay Gendron, Senior Vice President, WLA North America Lottery, IGT, will participate in a panel discussion during the General Session on Thursday, Sept. 14, from 2:45 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. in the Oregon Ballroom 202–204 of the Oregon Convention Center.
- Angela Wiczek, Vice President, Corporate Communications, IGT, will participate in a panel discussion on best practices in the development of CSR programs for the gaming industry in the Insight Session 1: SHIFT in Corporate Social Responsibility on Thursday, Sept. 14, from 10:15 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. in room B 111/112 of the Oregon Convention Center.
- Gerard Caro, Senior Director of Marketing Insights, IGT, will participate in a panel discussion on the challenges and opportunities in collecting, analyzing, and leveraging data for decision-making within the lottery framework in the Insight Session 4: SHIFT in Research and Analytics on Thursday, Sept. 14, from 10:15 a.m. – 11:15 a.m. in room B 113/114 of the Oregon Convention Center.
Find IGT at Booth #350 at the Oregon Convention Center for a closer look at products and services to modernize play and fuel growth in every part of the lottery business. For more information, visit IGT.com or go to facebook.com/IGTLottery.
IGT (NYSE: IGT) is the global leader in gaming. We enable players to experience their favorite games across all channels and regulated segments, from Gaming Machines and Lotteries to Interactive and Social Gaming. Leveraging a wealth of premium content, substantial investment in innovation, in-depth customer intelligence, operational expertise and leading-edge technology, our gaming solutions anticipate the demands of consumers wherever they decide to play. We have a well-established local presence and relationships with governments and regulators in more than 100 countries around the world, and create value by adhering to the highest standards of service, integrity, and responsibility. IGT has over 12,000 employees. For more information, please visit www.IGT.com.
Cautionary Statement Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This news release may contain forward-looking statements (including within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995) concerning International Game Technology PLC and its consolidated subsidiaries (the "Company") and other matters. These statements may discuss goals, intentions, and expectations as to future plans, trends, events, dividends, results of operations, or financial condition, or otherwise, based on current beliefs of the management of the Company as well as assumptions made by, and information currently available to, such management. Forward-looking statements may be accompanied by words such as "aim," "anticipate," "believe," "plan," "could," "would," "should," "shall", "continue," "estimate," "expect," "forecast," "future," "guidance," "intend," "may," "will," "possible," "potential," "predict," "project" or the negative or other variations of them. These forward-looking statements speak only as of the date on which such statements are made and are subject to various risks and uncertainties, many of which are outside the Company's control. Should one or more of these risks or uncertainties materialize, or should any of the underlying assumptions prove incorrect, actual results may differ materially from those predicted in the forward-looking statements and from past results, performance, or achievements. Therefore, you should not place undue reliance on such statements. Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements include (but are not limited to) the factors and risks described in the Company's annual report on Form 20-F for the financial year ended December 31, 2016 and other documents filed from time to time with the SEC, which are available on the SEC's website at www.sec.gov and on the investor relations section of the Company's website at www.IGT.com. Except as required under applicable law, the Company does not assume any obligation to update these forward-looking statements. You should carefully consider these factors and other risks and uncertainties that affect the Company's business. Nothing in this news release is intended, or is to be construed, as a profit forecast or to be interpreted to mean that the financial performance of International Game Technology PLC for the current or any future financial years will necessarily match or exceed the historical published financial performance of International Game Technology PLC, as applicable. All forward-looking statements contained in this news release are qualified in their entirety by this cautionary statement. All subsequent written or oral forward-looking statements attributable to International Game Technology PLC, or persons acting on its behalf, are expressly qualified in its entirety by this cautionary statement.
Robert K. Vincent, Corporate Communications, toll free in U.S./Canada (844) IGT-
7452; outside U.S./Canada (401) 392-7452
James Hurley, Investor Relations, (401) 392-7190
Simone Cantagallo, (+39) 06 51899030; for Italian media inquiries
© 2017 Talpa Content B.V. The Voice is a registered trademark, licensed by Talpa Global B.V.
View original content:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/igt-unveils-new-product-ecosystem-at-naspl-2017-sept-13--16-in-portland-oregon-300515101.html